Fallout: New Vegas The Frontier is a fan-driven mod overhaul undertaking that has been in improvement for years. In the end, it was lastly launched on Nexus Mods on the finish of January however the launch was something however easy. After only a brief time period because it was made out there to the general public, The Frontier has formally been shut down and because of this.
First issues first: what IS The Frontier? The Frontier is a brand new Fallout expertise set inside New Vegas that takes survivors to new snowy terrains in Portland, Oregon. With new characters, new quests, and over 15 hours of recent story, this mod was one among a handful that longtime followers could not wait to get their fingers on. So why was it canned so shortly after launch?
Whereas the mod itself was launched with a ton of bugs that made it unplayable for a lot of (together with suggestions on the poor voice performing and writing), that wasn’t really the rationale for the pull. In a latest publish on the mod’s itemizing on Nexus, the crew issued an announcement surrounding art work from one of many modders on the undertaking that was pedophiliac in nature. That is along with a plethora of post-launch modifications primarily based on “questionable” content material.
“It has just lately come to our consideration that one of many artists for the undertaking has been creating inappropriate content material involving anthropomorphic minors for a while,” reads the most recent mod replace. “Not one of the crew members have been conscious of this particular person’s actions previous to them coming to mild and we condemn them within the strongest doable means.”
For the reason that revelation, The Frontier crew says that stated artist was faraway from the undertaking instantly alongside their contributions. The crew additionally added a clarification that the artist was at any means concerned with the writing of the mod, which they declare is unfaithful.
The mod crew says of their assertion that they made the choice to take The Frontier down, not that it was forcibly pulled, and that the Steam launch has been pushed again as properly to provide the group an opportunity to relaxation and regroup earlier than tackling the extra effort wanted to make up for the artist’s elimination.
For the reason that artist made the Pip-Boy icons, The Frontier will launch with the vanilla icons from New Vegas because the crew prepares to return to the drafting board to interchange them. The crew additionally outlined a couple of different features of the mod which have been eliminated/modified:
- We’ve got eliminated ZuTheSkunks content material from the mod, particularly icons and self-inserts
- We’ve got made modifications to America and Mae’s content material
- We’ve got eliminated the Slavery strains and the strains from Mae that have been inappropriate. We acknowledge that these matters weren’t dealt with tactfully, nevertheless, there was by no means any malicious intent behind the writing of the strains.
- We’ve got locked the Trochili
- Briefly they’re inaccessible however they are going to be re-added in an esp that can be offered optionally later.
- We’ve got sadly needed to take away a number of characters-worth of voice performing as individuals have requested that they not be related to the undertaking going ahead
- We can be revoicing these characters sooner or later.
- We’ve got eliminated content material that has been requested to be eliminated by artists
- We’ve got eliminated the music for the breach outreach because the artist has requested his content material to be eliminated
- We’ve got modified and eliminated a couple of items of questionable content material mod-wide
From the artists to a sizeable quantity of “questionable content material,” the work is much from over. How a lot slipped throughout the seven years of improvement is slightly odd, however modifications upon reflection are presently in progress as Fallout: New Vegas followers await additional updates.