As Bong Joon-ho mentions in his dialog with Darcy Paquet on Parasite’s upcoming Criterion launch, the director has turn out to be recognized for a way exactly he storyboards his motion pictures. Within the case of Parasite, the storyboards had been so full that they had been printed in comedian guide kind.
Parasite stars Track Kang-ho because the patriarch of the Kim household, whose members are simply barely making a residing out of the semi-basement they stay in. When one of many Kims will get a job within the Park family, the 2 households begin to intertwine, and are set on a wild, unpredictable collision course.
On this unique clip from the Criterion launch’s storyboard comparability characteristic, followers will see each full scenes and Bong’s detailed drawings enjoying out subsequent to one another to emphasise how the director realized his imaginative and prescient. It’s artwork in and of itself.
The Criterion version of Parasite additionally contains the next dietary supplements:
DIRECTOR-APPROVED SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES
• New 4K digital grasp, accepted by director Bong Joon Ho and director of pictures Hong Kyung Pyo, with Dolby Atmos soundtrack on the Blu-ray
• New audio commentary that includes Bong and critic Tony Rayns
• Black-and-white model of the movie with a brand new introduction by Bong, and Dolby Atmos soundtrack on the Blu-ray
• New dialog between Bong and critic Darcy Paquet
• New interviews with Hong, manufacturing designer Lee Ha Jun, and editor Yang Jinmo
• New program in regards to the New Korean Cinema motion that includes Bong and filmmaker Park Chan Wook (Oldboy)
• Cannes Movie Pageant press convention from 2019 that includes Bong and members of the solid
• Grasp class that includes Bong from the 2019 Lumière Pageant in Lyon, France
• Storyboard comparability
• PLUS: An essay by critic Inkoo Kang
2019 • 131 minutes • Shade • Dolby Atmos/5.1 encompass • In Korean with English subtitles • 2.39:1 facet ratio
The Criterion version of Parasite is obtainable for buy now.