Since March, Pokémon Go developer Niantic has made a sequence of tweaks to the gotta-catch-’em-all cell recreation to adapt to the worldwide coronavirus pandemic. Pokémon Go has grow to be far more playable from dwelling, with out the necessity to enterprise outdoor or go on lengthy walks. Adjustments have included the flexibility to affix Raids from distant, free each day presents, and shorter distance necessities to hatch in-game eggs.
A few of the adjustments to Pokémon Go will grow to be grow to be everlasting fixtures of the sport (for the foreseeable future, anyway), Niantic mentioned in a weblog submit on Tuesday, whereas some gameplay changes will revert to their pre-pandemic methods.
The next bonuses will stay in Pokémon Go, Niantic mentioned:
- The utmost variety of Items you’ll be able to carry in your Merchandise Bag at a time will stay at 20.
- You’ll proceed to obtain thrice the Stardust and XP to your first Pokémon catch of the day.
- Incense period will stay at 60 minutes.
The next adjustments (or reversions) will come to Pokémon Go on Thursday, Oct. 1 at 1 p.m. PDT:
- Hatch Distance will return to regular for Eggs.
- The elevated effectiveness of Incense will now apply solely whereas strolling.
- Your Buddy Pokémon will now convey you Items solely when you’ve gotten almost run out. This can occur solely as soon as per day.
- You’ll nonetheless have a better likelihood of getting a Reward while you spin a PokéStop. Nonetheless, you gained’t be assured to get a Reward.
As for occasions like Pokémon Go Fest and Safari Zones, all of which have been canceled this yr, Niantic says it’s “repeatedly monitoring the ever-evolving world scenario and are working laborious to reschedule beforehand deliberate stay occasions to 2021.”