Apex Legends season 7 is right here. Horizon, the sport’s newest Legend, and the brand new map Olympus are definitely the highlights of the brand new season. However on prime of these standout additions, this season’s patch additionally brings tons of steadiness adjustments to each the opposite Legends and to the sport’s weapons. On prime of steadiness adjustments, Apex Legends can be lastly obtainable on Steam.
To go together with Olympus, the brand new map, Respawn has additionally added autos to Apex Legends for the primary time in season 7. These autos are referred to as Tridents, they usually can carry a whole squad of gamers across the streets of Olympus. After all, you’ll have to be cautious once you’re driving, since Tridents are loud and may make you a first-rate goal as you zip across the map.
This patch additionally makes a number of adjustments to Legends that ought to assist re-balance who’s sturdy and who isn’t. Bangalore’s Rolling Thunder explodes slightly bit sooner, which ought to present a small buff to her. Caustic’s gasoline not blinds gamers, nevertheless it does do some bit extra harm. Wattson’s Perimeter Safety additionally received an improve, because it now does 15 harm per contact as an alternative of 10. The patch brings steadiness updates to Mirage, Octane, Rampart, Loba, and Pathfinder as nicely.
Whereas season 7 has quite a lot of weapon updates, crucial could be the truth that the R99 is not a provide drop weapon. This small, fast weapon is without doubt one of the recreation’s finest weapons, and it’ll be good to see it across the map extra typically. As a part of making it extra prevalent, Respawn is nerfing it a bit, nevertheless it ought to nonetheless be a go-to possibility for a lot of gamers.
For a take a look at all of the adjustments that arrived in Apex Legends with season 7, you possibly can take a look at the complete patch notes from EA under.
Apex Legends season 7 patch notes
New Legend Horizon
Horizon’s customized house go well with permits her to fall from nice heights and management her actions within the air. Utilizing her customized know-how, she will use gravity lifts to offer her group a vertical enhance, and she will even deploy NEWT (her small robotic named after her son, Newton) to drop a micro black gap that pulls opponents into the middle for some critical crowd management.
- Improve air management and scale back fall impacts with Horizon’s customized spacesuit.
Tactical: Gravity Carry
- Reverse the movement of gravity, lifting gamers upward and boosting them outward after they exit.
Final: Black gap
- Deploy NEWT to create a micro black gap that sucks in close by Legends.
High quality of Life updates
Attachment Swap Enhancements
When changing an attachment with one from the bottom, if the previous attachment is an enchancment on your different weapon, the previous attachment will get routinely transferred.
- For Season 7, we’ve got eliminated weapons from the crafting pool and have changed them with Defend batteries. The excessive stage attachments will nonetheless be tailor-made in direction of a weapon class.
- We now stop different gamers from selecting up objects that you just crafted for the primary 5 seconds after crafting. This may be disabled by pinging the merchandise.
Air Drop Readability
- The colours of the beams have been modified to distinguish between regular airdrops, Lifeline’s airdrops, and Replicator airdrops. Regular drops are a light-weight tan, Lifeline’s drops are blue, and Replicator drops and teal.
- All the airdrops’ touchdown space FX whereas it’s coming down matches their colours.
- Airdrop beams nonetheless keep seen when near the airdrop, as an alternative of fading once you get shut. The beam nonetheless disappears when the pod is opened.
- The Arc Star now reveals an Arc Star mannequin when one is thrown close to you, as an alternative of a grenade.
- Added a brand new VO line if you end up utilizing a Phoenix Package
- Added a brand new VO line once you drop a Holo Spray
- Now you can ping ammo in your stock to request extra out of your squad
- Made modifications to The Ring to cut back the quantity of unplayable house within the circles.
- Rolling Thunder: Lowered the time it takes for explosion from eight seconds to six seconds.
Not a lot to say right here. Rolling Thunder will proceed to perform primarily as a zoning means, however with a considerably shorter fuse, it is going to encourage enemies to depart the zone barely sooner.
- Nox Fuel Lure/Nox Fuel Grenade: Legends not get a blurred imaginative and prescient impact whereas within the gasoline. Harm up to date from 4-10 ticks of harm to 6-12 ticks of harm.
Combating in Caustic Fuel is without doubt one of the most irritating issues in Apex Legends, and but we’d like the gasoline to signify a significant menace or else enemies will simply ignore it. With this alteration we’re attacking what we predict is the best contributor to this frustration: the truth that your imaginative and prescient is blurred whilst you’re in gasoline. This made it extraordinarily arduous to struggle again. To make up for misplaced energy, we’re upping the harm from the gasoline a bit.
- Psyche Out/Lifetime of the Celebration: Decoys now have 45 well being
Our bamboozler-in-chief is a tough Legend to maintain related. Each time we make a change to decoys, there’s a clear uptick in utilization and energy as Mirage mains study to make use of their new instruments, after which as the remainder of the world catches on and begins with the ability to inform the actual Mirage from his equally good-looking holographs, that uptick disappears. This time round we wish to attempt to make it slightly bit more durable to filter out decoys. We’re giving them well being, however to make this very clear up entrance: they won’t work as a protect. Whereas they take harm from bullets, the bullet additionally passes by them and hits no matter’s behind them. That is what we name the hallway take a look at: you shouldn’t be capable of win an engagement in opposition to an enemy in a straight coverless hallway by snapcasting a decoy and having stated decoy eat a whole Wingman shot. Decoys may even play distinctive hit results and briefly flicker out of existence when taking harm that will help you differentiate between them and the actual Mirage.
- Swift Mend: Doubled therapeutic price (from 0.5 hp/s to 1.Zero hp/s)
Octane is a Legend for gamers who wish to go quick, run face first into the enemy, and get knocked down rather a lot. We predict that’s completely high-quality; the truth that his Trios winrate isn’t nice doesn’t actually trouble us as a result of each his encounter win price (consider this as his means to attain knockdowns) and his choose price are very wholesome. That stated, we figured we might give him slightly additional out of fight assist. His passive’s heal price was very gradual, requiring as much as 200s to totally heal your well being bar.
- Perimeter Safety: Elevated harm per contact from 10 to 15.
Wattson is the anti-Octane: not tremendous highly effective individually, not picked fairly often in any respect under Plat, however an absolute should have for aggressive squads. We’re additionally proud of that area of interest, however figured it could be protected to offer her slightly additional energy in her finest case: folks working into her fences. We’re aiming for this to deliver up her energy and attractiveness at decrease ranges of play particularly, since we don’t see a whole lot of gamers run into Wattson fences in excessive talent matches.
- Black Market: Ammo taken not counts in direction of Black Market’s most. You possibly can scoop up all of the ammo in vary.
We’re taking one other swing at making Loba the final word Legend to deliver to unravel all your group’s loot wants. We have now heard your suggestions that you really want enhancements to her tactical as nicely, and whereas that’s definitely not off the desk, our information counsel that her encounter win price (what number of knockdowns she will get in comparison with what number of occasions she’s knocked down, throughout all matches) is kind of wholesome. It’s her Trios winrate that’s worryingly low. Make no mistake: this can be a main swing at making Black Market highly effective.
- Sheila: Now takes 1.25 seconds to totally spin up, down from 2 seconds.
- Amped Wall: Now takes Three seconds to totally construct, down from Four seconds.
In patch 6.1, we made a small change to how lengthy it takes Sheila to tighten her bullet unfold. This didn’t meaningfully enhance her winrate. The opposite half of that change is on this patch. We don’t wish to change Rampart away from being a Legend that requires setup, however we do wish to make it sooner to arrange. Amped Wall ought to stay a principally out of fight setup means fairly than a reactive means and Sheila ought to stay an space denial software fairly than a homicide machine, however like all issues, these steadiness factors exist on a spectrum, and with this patch we’re transferring them barely nearer to reactive/homicide machine territory.
Pathfinder continues to be an overachiever when it comes to win price. The excellent news is that his grapple change in 6.1 didn’t transfer his win price by a lot (it went up 1% in complete). We’re doing two issues this patch: we’re adjusting his hitboxes and we’re placing in tuning for Grappling Hook that can firmly transfer it into buff territory. Extra context under!
Hitbox: Pathfinder has a tall however extraordinarily skinny hitbox. A number of his mannequin isn’t truly shootable and notably his legs and arms don’t signify a whole lot of shootable space both. Here’s a earlier than and after comparability of Pathfinder’s hitboxes:
Grappling Hook: We’re making quite a lot of adjustments to Grappling Hook. In 6.1 we shipped a really conservative model of this alteration; now that we all know this didn’t meaningfully have an effect on his winrate or, anecdotally, how irritating it’s to struggle him, we’re transport the way more aggressive model of the changelist. We additionally wish to make it clear that gamers shouldn’t be punished for chaining grappling hook completely into different motion mechanics.
- Pathfinder not must be on the bottom for Grappling Hook to be thought-about completed.
- The pace to which Pathfinder must drop for us to think about Grappling Hook completed was elevated from 300 models/second to 500 models/second
- The utmost cooldown grapple could be set to was lowered to 30 seconds, from 35 seconds; the utmost quantity of journey time earlier than a brand new cooldown is ready is now 5 seconds, fairly than being uncapped. Which means that successfully, you possibly can by no means incur greater than a 35 second cooldown.
- The quantity of distance you possibly can journey earlier than you hit most cooldown was roughly doubled.
R99 Out of Provide Drop: The R99 will probably be returning to the conventional loot pool this season, with the identical stats it had earlier than it went into the availability drop initially of season 6.
- Harm: 12 -> 11 (from Care Bundle model to regular pre-season 6)
- Ammo 20/22/24/27
Prowler Into Provide Drop: The prowler is changing the R99 within the provide drop. Regardless of the Selectfire hop-up being faraway from the loot pool this season, the Prowler will nonetheless have the flexibility to alter between 5 spherical bursts and full-auto.
- Journal dimension: 35; reserve ammo: 175
Absolutely Kitted Weapons
- Eliminated: Devotion, Mastiff, Triple Take, Flatline, Volt
- New: Wingman, Sentinel, Havoc, G7, Alternator
- Rising horizontal recoil of the primary Three pictures barely to the correct (first burst when in burst mode)
- Rising recoil magnitude within the later phases of the sample
- Lowering recoil multiplier in single hearth mode to assist compensate for added recoil in sample. Recoil ought to principally be elevated in burst mode fairly than single hearth mode
- Lowering headshot multiplier 2.0 -> 1.75 (44 -> 39 harm headshot in opposition to no helmet base character)
Whereas we’re completely happy to see the Hemlok get extra consideration with the latest buffs, we predict it’s a little too sturdy in season 6. The efficient vary of the burst mode felt a bit too far, and the spike harm capabilities of a full headshot burst have been too sturdy in excessive stage play.
- Up to date recoil sample. Kicks up, then proper, then left, then up once more.
With 6.0, the Havoc received a brand new recoil sample. This new recoil sample was a bit too erratic and troublesome to manage, as a result of a number of speedy adjustments in route. We have now adjusted the recoil sample to have the identical normal motion whereas simplifying the motions required to manage the sample.
- LSTAR has a brand new recoil sample that kicks horizontally at first after which settles into a comparatively constant upward recoil. Gamers who feather the set off will be capable to maintain the LSTAR within the good portion of the recoil sample.
- LSTAR venting time after letting go of the set off has been lowered 0.4s -> 0.15s.
- LSTAR will now scale back warmth sooner when not overheated — 1.15s from 99.9% to 0% cost if not overheated, nonetheless 2.45s if overheated.
The LSTAR had some limitations that triggered it to really feel worse than we’d like. The recoil sample snaked backwards and forwards, which was troublesome to manage reliably. Moreover, firing for brief bursts after which releasing the set off repeatedly, or “feathering the set off”, felt considerably clunky as a result of lengthy venting time after firing and the gradual warmth discount. So, we’re decreasing these ache factors to enhance the viability and really feel of feathering the set off, and adjusting the recoil sample to reward gamers who can successfully management the LSTAR’s warmth.
- Energized Sentinel now has a pure harm enhance, as an alternative of bonus harm solely vs shields
- Energized Sentinel base harm 70 -> 88
The Sentinel was nonetheless a bit weak. We predict an excellent place to enhance it’s the energize means. It appears a bit too situational, solely being a profit if the opponent has >70 shields. So, we’re altering the energize from a “disruptor” anti-shield impact to an “amp” harm enhance impact.
The Triple Take remains to be performing a bit too nicely after the newest nerf, so we’re decreasing the hearth price again to what it was earlier than the 6.Zero patch. We will probably be watching sooner or later to see how simply the built-in choke, sniper ammo enhance, and new reputation have an effect on the weapon’s efficiency.
- Quickdraw Holster Hop-up: This new hop-up attaches to the RE-45 and Wingman. When outfitted, the gun turns into faster to boost and decrease, takes much less time to ADS, and has lowered hipfire unfold (notably when not actively transferring). This could open up new alternatives to make use of the 2 weapons, particularly in close-quarters fight.
- The Selectfire Receiver hop-up will probably be faraway from the loot pool to make room.
Sport meta adjustments
Evo Armor necessities elevated
We elevated the necessities to evolve Evo Armor to be able to scale back the quantity of gamers with Crimson Evo Armor in the course of the finish recreation.
- Stage 0 -> 1 : 100 harm (from 50)
- Stage 1 -> 2 : 150 harm (from 125)
- Stage 2 -> 3 : 300 harm (from 250)
- Stage 3 -> 4 : 750 harm (from 500)
Ring harm lowered
- Ring 1: 2% per tick (similar)
- Ring 2: 3% per tick (from 5%)
- Notably this alteration ought to enable gamers sufficient time to pop a syringe if they’re picked up in Ring 2.
- Ring 3: 5% per tick (from 10%)
- Ring 4: 10% per tick (from 20%)
- Ring 5: 10% per tick (from 20%)
- Ring 6: 15% per tick (from 25%)
- Ring 7: 15% per tick (from 25%)
- We’ve made some developments in footstep audio enjoying extra reliably. We have now extra work being achieved that we’ll proceed to roll out because it will get accomplished.
- Fastened a problem with ziplines going by platforms when deployed from beneath.
- Fastened a problem with priming a grenade cancelling Wraith’s final.
- Fastened a problem with getting caught in double bounce after utilizing a bounce pad.
- Fastened a problem with Octane with the ability to use therapeutic objects whereas on a zipline.
- Fastened a problem together with his drone with the ability to drop objects from Crypto’s stock.
- Fastened a problem together with his drone not with the ability to match by sure home windows.
- Fastened a problem together with his drone marking pleasant Mirage decoys as enemies.
- Fastened a problem with Revenant getting pushed into geo when his totem was deployed in tight areas.
- Fastened a problem with Rampart not with the ability to place an amp wall whereas leaping.
- Fastened a problem with Sheila teleporting when positioned on a hatch in World’s Edge Staging.